"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality" (John Lennon)

Monday, January 23, 2012

More on present perfect

Some weeks ago we studied the present perfect with students in class III D. We enjoyed making a speaking activity on it and I wrote this post with some useful links.
As we reviewed it this morning and added more information here is a page to remind you how to form the present perfect and when to use it.

PRESENT PERFECT: USE

1) Result of an action in the past that is important in the present

have cleaned my room.

2) Recently completed action

He has just played handball.

3) State beginning in the past and still continuing

We have lived in Canada since 1986.

With this words

just, yet, never, already, ever, so far, up to now, recently, since, for


FORM

have/has + past participle

Examples

Affirmative sentences:

have cleaned my room.
I've cleaned my room.
You have cleaned your room.
You've cleaned your room.

Negative sentences:

have not cleaned my room.
I've not cleaned my room.
haven't cleaned my room.
You have not cleaned your room.
You've not cleaned your room.
You haven't cleaned your room.

Questions:

Have I cleaned my room?Have you cleaned your room?


Here are some new exercises on since and for. 
http://www.englishexercises.org/makeagame/viewgame.asp?id=1394



And here other exercises to practice this structure.
http://www.ego4u.com/en/cram-up/grammar/present-perfect-simple/exercises




No comments:

Post a Comment