"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality" (John Lennon)

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Countries and nationalities

1st year students 

Questa settimana gli alunni delle prime stanno studiando "countries and nationalities". In classe abbiamo creato mini-dialoghi come ad esempio:
"Where are you from?" 
"I'm from Italy and I'm Italian".

We played "Country and nationalities vocabulary game":
- the teacher has got two sets of cards, one with countries and the other one with nationalities;
- each student takes a card from a set of cards;
- students take turns to show and call out the name of their country card saying I'm from Russia;
- the student with the corresponding nationality card stands up and says "I'm Russian".

At the end of the game we put the cards in the vocabulary panel we have either in class or in our language room. About the vocabulary panel I want to say "thank you" to a colleague called Daniela who game me the idea and to my friend Lidia who sew the panel for me!


While the students were playing I made videos and, even though the pronunciation is not perfect, we had fun!







No comments:

Post a Comment