"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality" (John Lennon)

Friday, March 29, 2013

Diamonds ...

Some weeks ago first and second year students of Guardea welcomed me singing this song



I was really happy of this warm welcome and let them sing it another time. Then I asked them if they knew other songs with the words "diamonds" and "sky" and as they didn't they wanted to surf the net and the first song they found was this one



After that I asked them what the word "Lucy" recalled to their minds and they answered: "Lucy, the Australopithecus afarensis" discovered in 1974 in Ethiopia. 

This was a very nice start for our lessons because it began with a "present" that gave us the chance of talking about both music and history and moreover it was my students initiative and not mine! 
I liked it a lot and I hope they won't stop surprising me with their wonderful "gifts".


No comments:

Post a Comment