"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality" (John Lennon)

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Writing a letter

Here you have some tips to write a letter, and as 3rd year students are having the exams please read them carefully and remember them!




When you write a letter you have to think to all these info:

Your address
Date

Dear (name of the person you are writing to)

Opening greetings

Text of the letter

Closing greetings
EXAMPLE

25, London Street
R2H5 London
United Kingdom

24th May 2011

Dear Mark,

opening greetings
How are you? / Is everything ok?
I'm fine / I'm ok. I hope you are fine too.

beginning the text of the letter
I was very happy to receive your last letter / You can't imagine how glad I was when I received your letter. / It was a great surprise to receive your letter.

text of the letter
I'm writing to you because I want to tell you about ….......…...... etc. etc.

closing the letter
That's it for now / I think I should stop at this point / I'd like to keep on writing but I have to leave you now because I …....
I hope to have your news soon

closing greetings
Write to me soon / Let's keep in touch
Best wishes / Love
xxx (it stays for kisses)

No comments:

Post a Comment